The capital of England is very versatile with well knows attractions like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, London Eye, Madame Tussaud and Greenwich. Even Windsor Castle and Eton are only a short trip away from central London. It is very easy to explore the city and its history, culture, and the hotspots by tube (underground). It does not matter if you like Shakespeare and visit the Globe Theater or would like to take a magical Harry Potter picture at the platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross station or you simply let the world go past when you enjoy lunch at Covent Garden.
If you like a day away from the busy capital, we recommend a trip to Oxford, Cambridge or to Brighton to have a day at the coast.
6 days / 3 nights, 2 night cruises, extension day possible
- Day 1 – Departure from school e.g. in GER, NL, BEL In the evening you leave from your hometown and travel to the port of Calais. From there we take the ferry to Dover.
- Day 2 – Arrival in Dover – Dover Castle or Canterbury – Arrival in London After a short Photo Stop at the Thames Barriers arrival at your accommodation. After the check in you can dive into the lively cosmopolitan mega-city or visit attractions (depending on your accommodation).
- Day 3 – Exploring London Sightseeing either on foot or on the water - get an overview of the British metropolis. There's plenty to discover.
- Day 4 – Daytrip to Oxford, Cambridge, or Brighton - Musical Not far away - more English history awaits you in Oxford or Cambridge. Or how about London's little sister - the seaside town of Brighton?
- Day 5 - Boat Tour to Greenwich - Goodbye London Enjoy London to the full once again. After a colorful programme, the evening journey home towards the ferry to Calais.
- Day 6 – Arrival at home In the late morning you reach your hometown