Valencia glows with endless beaches, bars and clubs on the Mediterranean Sea. Mediterranean lightness and the famous friendly mentality of the lively metropolis are sure to immediately cast a spell over the school trip participants. Did you know that paella was invented here?
Fallas festivals, the bullring and the Silk Exchange (La Lonja de la Seda) are all UNESCO World Heritage Sites, palaces in the charming old town of El Carmen are surrounded by labyrinths and legends... the futuristic City of Arts and Sciences (La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias) delights with true discoveries and a boat trip with a romantic sunset lures you to the nearby Albufera National Park.
5 days / flight or bus / adaptations as desired
Day 1 - Arrival and beach
Flight to Valencia and arrival during the day. After settling in and first explorations of the surroundings, it's off to the beach. Soak up the sun, go for a swim and enjoy beach activities on the Mediterranean.
Eating the Spanish national dish paella in its place of origin on the first evening is a must.
Day 2 - Exploring Valencia, shopping and the beach
We combine our exploration tour with a shopping tour - it leads to the charming old town at the Plaza de la Virgen.
In the afternoon, discover palaces, cafés and shops in the "El Carmen" district. Stroll along the beach promenade to the harbour.
Day 3 - City of Arts and Sciences, Bike Tour
After breakfast, we set off for the futuristic city of arts and sciences, the "Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias". Here you will find one museum next to the other, the Science Museum "Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe", the largest aquarium in Europe "L'Oceanogràfic" and the planetarium "L'Hemisféric".
Or would you rather visit the bullring? The Museo Taurino de Valencia is the first bullfighting museum in the world!
- Day 4 - Excursion into the surrounding countryside, leisure activities and boat trip Excursion to the ancient city of Sagunto with its castle and amphitheatre. You can take a boat trip to the Albufera National Park. Or would you like to go hiking in the hills of the "Parque Natural de la Sierra Calderona"? In the evening, you can experience the nightlife and the atmosphere of Valencia's bars and restaurants.
- Day 5 - Departure Today the impressive journey to southern Valencia comes to an end. One last stroll along the Mediterranean beach? Departure from Valencia and arrival at home in the course of the day.
Paella Cooking ClassIn this workshop you will learn how to prepare the most traditional Valencian rice dish, paella. During a 3-hour cooking course, you will learn not only the history of the dish, but also which ingredients are essential. Afterwards, you will go to a typical Spanish market where the ingredients are bought fresh. Afterwards, you have to coordinate as a group and prepare the paella. At the end, you will be rewarded with your own paella creation.
- Mercado Central famous market hall in Art Nouveau style more
- Valencia Cathedral Architecture of 3 epochs with bell tower El Miguelete more
- La Lonja de la Seda 15th century silk exchange, UNESCO World Heritage more
- Park Jardín del Turia Garden area in the dry riverbed of the Turia more
- Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias City of Arts and Sciences more
- Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe great hands-on science museum more
- Oceanogràfic marine museum, largest aquarium in Europes more
- L 'Hemisfèric 3D cinema, planetarium on the science grounds more
- Animal Jump Indoor jumping hall more
- Museo del Carmen impressive venue for events and exhibitions more
- Museo de Bellas Artes de València famous museum of fine arts more
- Plaza Redonda Valencia round square between cathedral and Mercado Central
- Torre del Micalet tower of the cathedral, breathtaking view of Valencia more
- Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia futuristic opera house more
- Fallas Museum History of the legendary Fallas, festival annually in March more
- Museo Taurino de Valencia Bullfighting museum at the Plaza de Toros more
- Norte Railway Station Valencia's main railway station, stylish waiting hall more
- Serrans Gate massive defensive towers from the 14th century more
- Jardín Botánico botanical garden, oasis for plant lovers more
- Bioparc Valencia zoo in a dry riverbed, almost only African animals! more
- Aquaval swimming pool near Parque del Oeste
- Piscina Parque de Benicalap Swimming pool in the Park of Benicalap
- Gulliver Park Playground in the dry riverbed, entrance is free (currently closed) more
- Malvarrosa and Cabanyal beach long Valencia city beach more
- Centre Arqueològic de l’Almoina Excavations from Roman times
CoachWe organise a coach to take the group comfortably to the nearest airport.
FlightOne of our German-speaking colleagues welcomes the group at the airport. She also coordinates the transfer to the accommodation.