Goethe, Schiller, Herder, Wieland – the impressive library of the Duchess Amalia, beautiful castles, parks, and important insights into literature, art and theatre. The Bauhaus Avantgarde about Walter Gropius will interest, especially the older student. In Eisenach romantic half-timer houses in windy alleys. The medieval castle Wartburg presides over this town. It’s where Martin Luther found exil in 1521.
5 days / day trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 – Departure from your hometown – arrival in Weimar – Goethe’s Garden house Arrival in Weimar and check in at your accommodation. Enjoy a little stroll in this harming town centre. Not far from the centre you can find the idyllic »Park an der Ilm«.
- Day 2 – Day of culture, art and history Explore the city of poets and thinkers. Goethe's and Schiller's homes or the sensational Rococo Hall with the famous Duchess Amalia Library are an absolute must on the city tour through Weimar.
- Day 3 – Memorial Buchenwald Today's excursion to the Buchenwald memorial site focuses on a dark chapter of German history. The visit to the extensive place of remembrance will take place with a guided tour depicting the everyday life of the prisoners and the extent of human suffering at these original sites.
- Day 4 – Excursion to Eisenach – visit of the Wartburg Enjoy a stroll through this town and its mediaeval alleys, the birthplace of the world-renowned composer Johann Sebastian Bach. A subsequent visit to Wartburg Castle rounds off the day.
- Day 5 - Arrival at home After a very cultural and historical trip to Weimar it is time to go home again.
Project days at the Classics FoundationWith workshops, guided tours and independent exploration, the cultural history themes are integrated into extracurricular lessons using modern media.
- Goethe National Museum Life and work of Johann Wolfgang Goethe in his home more
- Weimar-House modern exhibition of the history of Weimar more
- Goethe’s garden house Goethe’s first home in Weimar was in this idyllic park next to the river Ilm more
- Residences by Schiller, Herder, Wieland, Liszt, Cranach, Gropius, Klee, Kandinsky and many more
- Duchess Anna Amalia Library famous library since the 18th century more
- Co-Lab Outdoor venue - free entry - anyone can join in more
- Archives by Nietzsche, Schiller and Goethe
- Castle Belvedere summer residence of the Sachsen-Weimar family built in 18th century more
- Bauhaus Museum built by Walter Gropius - the world's oldest Bauhaus collection mehr
- Museum "Neues Weimar" Art and Design around 1900 more
- Castle MuseumUnder Reconstruction - Reopening at the End of 2023
- Schiller's residence and Schiller Museum temporary exhibitions, designated a cultural monument since 2018 more
- Tiefurt Mansion and Park Duchess Anna Amalia's country residence, park and palace are UNESCO World Heritage Sites more
- Weimar City Castle former residence of the Dukes of Saxe-Weimar and Eisenach more
- UNESCO World Heritage Parks Park an der Ilm with Goethe Garden House, Belvedere and Tiefurt
- Park Cave Experience is an underground tunnel system in the Park an der Ilm with an underground museum more
- Wartburg Eisenach castle in Thüringen, UNESCO-World heritage, exile of the reformer Martin Luther more
- Memorial Buchenwald concentration camp from 1937 until 1945 situated on the Ettersbeg near Weimar more
- D.A.S. Youth theatre in the Kulturbahnhof Stellwerk famous cultural youth project
- Zeiss-Planetarium Jena oldest Planetarium of the world more
- German National Theatre Drama, concerts, music theatre, theatre in the vaults, improvisation theatre workshop more
CoachWe organise the arrival and departure with our reliable contractual partners in our own coach.
TrainA cheap alternative to bus transport is the train journey to Weimar. This is especially recommended for small groups.