Lancing is not far from Brighton. Its history goes right back to the Stone Age. This seaside resort has a pebble beach that exposes wide sandy areas at low tide. It is only 2.5 hours from the port of Dover and the Folkstone Channel Tunnel, and good motorway links mean a variety of interesting excursions are possible.
A school trip to Lancing is ideal for all groups of students and teachers who have already explored South East England and stayed in Hastings or Bexhill-on-Sea.
6 days / 3 nights, 2 night journeys, extension day possible
- Day 1 - Departure from school town Your own coach will pick you up from the agreed meeting point. Arrive at Calais ferry port the next morning and cross over to Dover.
- Day 2 - Dover and Lancing Visit the castle in Dover and then continue to Lancing. Depending on the time, a stopover in Brighton is possible.
- Day 3 - South Coast with Portsmouth Today the journey goes along the south coast and starts with a visit to "Arundel Castle". Then it's off to the historic city of Chichester with its cathedral or continue on to the fascinating harbour town of Portsmouth.
- Day 4 - Isle of Wight Day trip to the Isle of Wight. Visit Carisbrooke Castle or Osborne House. In the west of the island, the impressive stone formation "The Needles" awaits you.
- Day 5 - Exploring the fantastic metropolis of London Off to London! You will explore the vibrant life and visit the sights of the capital.
- Day 6 - Arrival at school site After an overnight coach ride, you will reach your home town with many great experiences in your luggage.
- Arundel Castle Very well preserved medieval castle more
- Beachy Head Impressive cliff landscape more
- Brighton former royal summer residence more
- Dover Tudor period and tunnel labyrinth from the Second World War more
- Eastbourne Picture-book seaside resort more
- Hampton Court Palace England's most beautiful palace more
- Isle of Wight an island with untouched nature and a lot of history more
- Portsmouth Historic harbour town with good shopping facilities more
- Hastings 1066 - at the turning point of English history more
- Canterbury Seat of the Anglican Church more
- Salisbury magnificent medieval town in the countryside more