The capital of England is very versatile with famous attractions like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, London Eye, Madame Tussauds and Greenwich. Even Windsor Castle and Eton are only a short trip away from central London. It is easy to explore the city and its history, culture and hotspots by Tube (underground). Fans of Shakespeare may choose to visit the Globe Theatre, while those who prefer Harry Potter can head to King’s Cross station for a picture on Platform 9¾; or you could simply watch the world go by as you enjoy lunch in Covent Garden.
If you fancy a day away from the busy capital, we recommend a trip to Oxford or Cambridge, or to Brighton for a day at the coast.
6 days / 3 nights, 2 night journeys, extension day possible
- Day 1 – Departure from school e.g. in GER, NL, BEL In the evening you leave from your hometown and travel to the port of Calais. From there you take the ferry to Dover.
- Day 2 – Arrival in Dover – Dover Castle or Canterbury – Arrival in London After a short photo stop at the Thames Barriers arrival at your accommodation. After the check in you can dive into the lively cosmopolitan mega-city or visit attractions on foot or by public transport (depending on your accommodation).
- Day 3 – Exploring London Sightseeing either on foot or on the water - get an overview of the British metropolis. There's plenty to discover.
- Day 4 – Daytrip to Oxford, Cambridge, or Brighton - Musical Not far away - more English history awaits you in Oxford or Cambridge. Or how about London's little sister - the seaside town of Brighton?
- Day 5 - Boat Tour to Greenwich - Goodbye London Enjoy London to the full once again. After a colorful programme, the evening journey home towards the ferry to Calais.
- Day 6 – Arrival at home In the late morning you reach your hometown
- Buckingham Palace official residence of the King more
- London Eye huge ferris wheel on the Thames more
- Whitehall "Government Street" from Trafalgar to Parliament Square more
- London Dungeon scary carnival more
- Big Ben is the name of the heaviest bell of the famous tower more
CITY OF WESTMINSTER:
CITY OF LONDON:
- Tower Bridge bascule bridge & museum more
- HMS Belfast british warship more
- Shakespeare's Globe Replica of the open-air theatre more
- Museum of London London's city history more
- Victoria & Albert Museum Arts & Design museum more
- Science Museum Research and Technology more
- Natural History Museum Dinosaurs, meteorites etc. more
- Harrods London's most expensive department store more