Amsterdam is both a metropolis and a small town and a new experience for many students. A wide variety of lifestyles have coexisted here for centuries. Tolerance and openness characterise today's Amsterdam, and long forgotten are the days when the city was considered a Mecca for hippies and backpackers. Whether exploring the numerous canals, marvelling at the famous museums and cinemas, visiting the bars and restaurants on Rembrandtplein, shopping or cycling - this city offers everything that is fun for a great school trip!
5 days / day trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 - Arrival and free time Full of anticipation, you set off on your journey to the Dutch capital. After checking into your room, there is still time for a first foray into the city centre.
Day 2 - Amsterdam Tour - Canals - Palace - Museums
CANAL-Tour: To get to know the city better, take a canal tour for a change of perspective. You will pass houseboats, old warehouses, beautiful city mansions and some of the most beautiful bridges.
ROYAL PALACE: The Royal Palace is one of three palaces still used by the royal family - mostly for receptions. It has been open to the public again since 2009.
MUSEUMS: One or two museums are a must when in Amsterdam! There are many famous original paintings, such as in the Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh Museum, and there are both historical ones, such as the Anne Frank Museum, and modern museums, such as the Moco Museum, Straat Museum, Streetart Museum Amsterdam...
Day 3 - Day trip to DEN HAAG - Sightseeing & Tasting
DEN HAAG DAY TRIP: Seat of the Dutch Government, the International Court of Justice and residence of the Royal Family. Time for individual discoveries, including the Binnenhof, the Knights' Hall, St. Jacob's Church and the fishing port.
VISIT & TASTE: Wooden Clog maker & Cheese Factory or Heineken Brewery.
Day 4 - Shopping in Amsterdam - Trip to Rotterdam
SHOPPING: Stroll through the picturesque 9 Straatjes - small side streets located in the western canal belt. There are many individual, small shops here,
boutiques, antiques, restaurants and cafes.
ROTTERDAM DAY TRIP: Modern architecture grows skywards here, museums recall artists of the past and present. The Euromast, the tallest structure in the country, towers 185 metres above this intoxicating city.
- Day 5 - Departure day Start of the return journey after breakfast, arrival at the school location around afternoon/evening.
- Canal Cruise Explore Amsterdam from the water - a canal cruise by day or night is a must. more
- Anne-Frank-Museum History, photos, quotes, about the most famous Holocaust victim more
- Rijksmuseum Dutch national museum (free of charge for under 18) more
- Science Center Nemo scientific adventure playground for young and old more
- Moco Museum modern and contemporary art by Banksy, Basquiat, Haring, Hirst, JR, Koons, Kusama, KAWS more
- A'DAM Lookout Experience a 360-degree panoramic view over Amsterdam and Europe's highest swing more
- Guided Tour discover Amsterdam with a knowledgeable and local guide
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum with figures of the greatest personalities more
- Van Gogh Museum Many of his paintings can be seen here, including the "Sunflowers" more
- Heineken Brewery Interactive journey through the history of the beer giant more
- Cheese dairy Simonehoeve taste delicious cheese and visit clog maker more
- Zaanse Schans Luca idyllic open-air museum - how people lived in the 17th and 18th centuries more
- AJAX Amsterdam Arena the largest football stadium in the Netherlands more
- Amsterdam Dungeon a successful combination of museum, theatre and attraction more
- Tropenmuseum Art objects, photos, music and films from non-Western cultures more
- Body Worlds Amsterdam Exhibition about the human body more
- Rotterdam - harbour tour excursion to Rotterdam including boat trip more