Experience unique historic buildings, centres of world politics, the diverse art scene, Belgian specialties such as mussels with chips and Belgium's most popular comic art - many house facades are decorated with original drawings. The most beautiful and magnificent houses in Brussels are on the Grand Place (Grote Market). Of course you visit the European Parliament, Atomium or the wide range of art museums. More than 150 nations live here in harmony with each other. Flemish and French are spoken - ideal for a language study trip.
5 days / flight or bus / adaptations can be arranged
- Day 1 - Departure from home - Arrival - City exploration Check-in at your accommodation and get to know Brussels with tour guides through the Grotemarkt with its magnificent buildings and museums, past Manneken-Pis and more. Afterwards dinner at the accommodation.
Tag 2 - Parlamentarium – Choco-Story
PARLIAMENTARIUM: Discover the fascinating world of the European Parliament in the Parlamentarium, the largest visitor centre of its kind in Europe - ideal with a pre-booked guided tour.
CHOCO-STORY: Learn more about chocolate - from its origins to the finished product. The highlight of the tour is a demonstration by a master chocolatier who will show how pralines are traditionally made, followed by a chocolaty tasting.
Day 3 - Magritte Museum - Atomium - Belgian Comic Centre
MAGRITTE MUSEUM: Explore the largest collection of René Magritte's works with the audio guide specially designed for students.
ATOMIUM: Visit Brussels' largest landmark with its futuristic installations. The spheres, connected by corridors, house exhibitions and a restaurant with a view.
COMIC MUSEUM: Visit the impressive Jungend-style building and learn all about the origins and history of comics.
HARD ROCK CAFÉ: For dinner, head to the iconic restaurant on the historic Grand Place.
Day 4 - Excursion to Bruges - Ghent - Antwerp - North Sea
BRUGGE: In 2000, UNESCO declared the entire city centre a World Heritage Site. Experience the small alleys, patrician houses and facades on a guided city tour or from the water on a canal cruise.
GENT: Exploration tour of Ghent with guides: imposing historical buildings, such as the Ghent Towers: St. Nicholas Church, Belfry, St. Baafs Cathedral and more. Then visit the Chocolate Museum or visit the French Fries/Potato Museum and finish with a boat trip on the canal.
ANTWERPEN: Take a cruise on the Scheldt and the gigantic port of Antwerp. The city centre of the diamond city has many opportunities for shopping or historical discovery tours.
BELGIAN NORTH SEA: Take a trip to Oostende to the "queen of seaside resorts" or enjoy sporting activities on the wide sandy beach.
- Day 5 - Departure - Arrival back home An eventful trip to Brussels comes to an end. After breakfast, the departure towards home begins.
The Comic Strip RouteBelgium is considered the country of the origin of European comics, as no other country has so many comic artists. Immerse yourself in the world of comics discover the city and marvel at over 50 painted house walls with original drawings of famous comic heroes such as Tintin, Lucky Luke, Asterix, Obelix, Billy the Cat, Gaston and many others.
- Atomium National symbol with futuristic interior design with panoramic view more
- Grand Place / Grote Market Square with magnificent Renaissance buildings, UNESCO World Heritage Site more
- Parlamentarium Visitor centre of the European Parliament more
- Manneken Pis famous small bronze statue (there is also a female & animal version) more
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium One of the most important art museums in Europe more
- Mini-Europa Open-air museum with models of famous landmarks from all over Europe more
- Magritte-Museum Worldwide the largest collection of works by René Magritte more
- Royal Palace magnificent Renaissance building, official residence of the King with offices more
- Palace of Justice Impressive mammoth court building from the 19th century more
- Design Museum 20th and 21st century design works in Heysel Park more
- Laeken Castle Residence of the Belgian Royal Family with landscaped park more
- National Basilica of the Sacred Heart fifth largest church in the world (Art Deco style) more
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre National Museum of Belgian & International Comic more
- Choco-Story Brussels From origin to finished chocolate with tasting more
- Autoworld Museum of vintage cars in the Parc du Cinquantenaire (Jubelpark) more
- Train World railway museum with nostalgic station hall more
- Mont des Arts Art Mountain - Cultural centre & historic square with several museums more
- Museum for Music instruments Popular museum: 1200 interesting musical instruments more
- Park of the Fiftieth Anniversary Park with Arc de Triomphe, Military Museum and Autoworld more
- St. Michael and St. Gudula-Cathedral 3 centuries of construction - from Gothic to Baroque and modern times more
- Technopolis Interactive Science & Technology Museum more
- Aqualibi Indoor water park with water slides, wave pool and children's area more
- Walibi Belgium Amusement park with numerous attractions such as roller coaster, white water ride... more
CoachWe organise a coach to take the group comfortably to Brussels or the nearest airport to get there.
TrainA cheap alternative to bus transport is the train journey to Brussels. This is especially recommended for small groups.