The beautiful small English town is centrally located between Hastings and London in a very rural setting. The inconspicuous town is well recognized in the county of Kent. Translated, it means something like "crane quarry", which suggests a wealth of wildlife. As well as the Kentish watermills, the local church tower houses the prototype clock for the Big Ben in London. Cranbrook is an ideal place to live as it is central enough to reach all the major destinations in the south of England. Visit castles, palaces, gardens and seaside towns - the metropolis of London should always be included.
7 days / 4 nights / 2 night trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 - DEPARTURE FROM HOME Departure from your home town. Night journey - by coach through the Netherlands, Belgium and France to Calais.
Day 2 - ARRIVAL IN ENGLAND - CALAIS - DOVER - GUEST FAMILIES
Ferry crossing from Calais to Dover in the morning or at noon. Visit Dover Castle - oldest castle in England - exciting journey through time from the middle ages to the secret underground passages and tunnel labyrinths from the second world war. Arrive at destination in the early evening. The SENLAC coordinator will welcome you on site. The host families pick up their guests from the bus.
Day 3 - LONDON EXPLORATION TOUR
Experience world-famous attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Tower of London and Tower Bridge, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and St. Paul's Cathedral, Shard and Gherkin, up close with or without a city guide.
PROGRAMME AS WISHED - with individual programme suggestions, recommended day tickets for the "Tube" and specially designed SENLAC city quizzes with city map.
Day 4 - CANTERBURY - LEEDS CASTLE
Stroll through Canterbury's medieval streets and visit the famous cathedral and the Canterbury Tales. In summer, the city can also be wonderfully explored by "punting" on the River Stour.
Explore the "Most Beautiful Castle in the World": Leeds Castle, the picturesque moated castle with an eventful history, beautiful garden, huge labyrinth and fairytale grotto.
- Day 5 - COASTAL DAY: BEACHY HEAD - BRIGHTON Hike to Beachy Head cliffs and the Seven Sisters cliffs - one of the most beautiful walking routes in southern England. Enjoy Brighton, England's most popular seaside resort with its sandy beach, Palace Pier and Sea Life Centre. City tour with Royal Pavilion, shops in medieval lanes, cafés and fish & chip.
- Day 6 - GREENWICH - LONDON - DOVER - CALAIS Farewell to host families in the morning at the bus. Drive to Greenwich to explore the Maritime Museum and the observatory with prime meridian. Boat trip on the Thames to London Westminster. Programme as desired or individual London explorations. The musical visit in the evening is a highlight of the trip. Then drive to Dover and overnight ferry crossing to Calais.
- Day 6 - ARRIVAL AT HOME TOWN Night journey through France, the Netherlands and Belgium and arrival at home in the course of the day.
- Cranbrook Museum 15th century timber-framed building with Cottage Garden. Three floors of exhibits exploring local history and Kent more
- Union Windmill Highest mills (1814) in England. Powered by the wind, it still grinds flour and is open to visitors on 7 floors. more
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden World famous, historic and poetic garden with old English manor house, exhibition, (plant) shop, café. more
- St Mary's Church 13th and 14th c. The lookout tower rises exactly 500 feet above sea level more
- Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest Enjoy walking and nature, climbing fun on the Play Trail and a break in the café at the lakeside visitor centre more
- Scotney Castle Medieval castle ruins with exhibitions in the manor house (19th c.). Renaissance garden with tamed & wild nature more
- Hastings Seaside resort with beautiful old town and Victorian seafront. Famous for the Battle of Hastings (1066) more
- Rochester Famous for Rochester Castle & 11th century cathedral and Charles Dickens who wrote and lived here more
- Canterbury Seat of the Anglican Church more
- Hever Castle Time travel to the gardens of Henry VIII more
- Whitstable Idyllic seaside town near Canterbury, famous for oyster fishing, small castle, harbour with Harbour Market, art... more
- Brighton Biggest and most beautiful seaside resort in England, known for its Mediterranean flair, the Royal Pavilion and historic pier more
- Beachy Head Impressive cliff landscape more
- Dover Tudor period and World War II tunnel labyrinth more
- London Day trip to the vibrant capital, fascinating with dazzling diversity and breathtaking attractions more