9 days / 8 nights; extension possible
- Day 1 - Arrival in England The journey from Germany to Calais begins early in the morning. The White Cliffs of Dover will greet you from afar. After the ferry crossing you will spend the first evening in Eastbourne.
- Day 2 - Discovering the English coast After a delicious breakfast, you will continue along the south coast of England. On the way to Portsmouth, a short stop can be made in picturesque Arundel with its beautiful castle. Arundel Castle is one of the best preserved castles of the Middle Ages. Alternatively, take a walk along the cliffs of Beachy Head. In the early afternoon you will reach Portsmouth. The harbour is home to historic sailing ships such as the Mary Rose, Henry VIII's warship, and Lord Nelson's HMS Victory. Visit the dockyards or spend the afternoon shopping.
- Day 3 - Isle of Wight - spoiled by the sun Your excursion today takes you to this beautiful island off the coast of Portsmouth. Today, lush greenery, small woods, fertile meadows, elongated ridges, picturesque cottages and ancient churches await you. Walk to the famous Needles and visit Osbourne House, the former country residence of Queen Victoria. In the afternoon, take the ferry across to your accommodation.
- Day 4 - Highlights of Cornwall After breakfast drive to Cornwall, stop at Buckfastleigh, visit the Abbey or Butterfly and Otter Farm. Then drive to the Bedruthan Steps.
- Day 5 - St Michael’s Mount and Cape Cornwall Today we head to St Michael’s Mount, a small island accessible by foot at low tide or by boat at high tide. On the island you can visit an old castle and church. The journey then continues to Cape Cornwall. Between St Just and Pendeen is a 7-mile stretch of Cornish miners' history. Iron and copper were mined here for almost 200 years.
- Day 6 - Trebah Gardens and Lizzard Point First up today is a drive to Trebah Gardens (approx. 30 min drive). In the afternoon the drive continues to Lizzard Point, the southernmost point of the British mainland.
- Day 7 - Eden Project Today we visit the Eden Project botanical garden which covers 50 hectares. Here, a tropical-humid, a subtropical-dry and a Mediterranean climate zone are simulated in huge greenhouses.
- Day 8 – Brighton In the morning you drive to Brighton. After a 6.5 hour drive you will arrive in the English seaside town. Stretch your legs along the seemingly endless seafront promenade or have a cool beer in a pub in town.
Day 9 - The journey comes to an end
After enjoying your last English breakfast, you will make your way home.
CoachWe have been working successfully for decades with selected coach companies that will take you to your destination safely and in good spirits.
TrainDepending on where the journey starts, we will take you either by train or by coach to the nearest ferry port.