A school trip to the cute little seaside town of Ramsgate offers students a varied and educational experience, from historical explorations to nature experiences and cultural activities.
The "Royal Marina" is beautiful and the only royal harbour that offers history and atmospheric flair. The 250 metre long sandy beach and pier is a wonderful place to linger and snack. Ramsgate is an ideal starting point for exploring the county of Kent, which is characterised by fishing and tourism, and for visiting the metropolis of London on a day trip.
7 days / 4 overnight stays / 2 night trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 - Departure from home Departure from your home town. Arrival in Ramsgate during the day. Check in at the accommodation and first discovery of the surrounding area by foot.
- Day 2 - Ramsgate Tunnels - Host families Visit to the Ramsgate Tunnels - the largest tunnel labyrinth from the Second World War, built to protect 60,000 inhabitants. Then walk along the beach and the royal harbour.
- Day 3 - Day trip to Cambridge - city tour and colleges A city tour through the world-renowned, beautiful university city with its lively student atmosphere will impress especially high school students. Cambridge has 31 colleges - King's College with its Gothic chapel is the best known. Colleges only grant access outside of exam times, and college guides provide information about the rules and activities of the colleges. Punting on the River Cam along the college grounds is a must. Visit the "Press Bookshop" the oldest bookshop in England and the Fitzwilliam Art Museum.
- Day 4 - Excursion to Canterbury - Leeds Castle Stroll through the medieval streets and visit the famous cathedral and Canterbury Tales. In summer, you can also explore the city by punting on the River Stour. Then we head to Leeds Castle, the "most beautiful castle in the world" - a picturesque moated castle with an eventful history and beautiful garden, huge labyrinth and fairytale grotto.
- Day 5 - Excursion to Rochester & Chatham or Deal & Walmer Castle Either visit Rochester Castle, Rochester Cathedral and the historic harbour in Chatham or take a trip to Deal and Walmer Castles. The castles are only about 30 minutes' walk from each other - you can take the path across the beach.
- Day 6 - Greenwich - London - Dover - Calais Farewell to the host families in the morning. In Greenwich, explore the Maritime Museum and Observatory with the Prime Meridian and take a boat trip on the Thames to London Westminster. In London, programme as desired or individual explorations. A visit to the musical in the evening is a highlight of the trip.
- Day 7 - Arrival at home Arrival in your home town in the course of the day.
- Ramsgate Main Sands long sandy beach with promenade, cafés, rides and sports facilities more
- Ramsgate Royal Harbour historic harbour with Sailors Church, restaurants and yachts more
- Ramsgate Maritime Museum maritime history of the region and unique meridian more
- Ramsgate Tunnels Former secret underground railway station and air raid shelter more
- The Micro Museum Computer and video game history with playable old computers & consoles more
- Canterbury Cathedral City and seat of the Anglican Church more
- Turner Contemporary Contemporary art museum in Margate by the sea more
- Dreamland Margate theme park with rides & festival fun more
- Deal Castle Historic coastal fortification from the time of Henry VIII more
- Walmer Castle 16th century coastal fortification with gardens more
- Dover Castle defensive building and royal castle more
- Leeds Castle medieval moated castle in the heart of Kent more
- London day trip to the vibrant capital city with its many attractions more
- Rochester Castle well-preserved Norman-Romanesque castle more
- Historic Dockyard Historic museum dockyard in Chatham with ship museum more