City of the Dome and an art metropolis, the largest carnival city in Germany, a modern media city and an ancient Roman bastion... varied traces from the last 2,000 years intrigue students on school trips to Cologne. The Dome of Cologne is a UNESCO World Heritage site and stands tall with its twin towers above the beautiful old town. The Media Park lures you in with its TV and Radio productions. A boat trip on the Rhein with its unique panoramic views is an ideal counterpart to a visit to the chocolate museum.
5 days / day trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 – Departure from hometown – walking tour in Cologne Arrival in Cologne during the day and check in at the accommodation. Afterwards first discovery on foot through the old town – the Dome of Cologne, the promenades along the river shore and the popular shopping street Schilder-Gasse are in easy distance.
- Day 2 – Discover the city – Dome of Cologne – museums After the breakfast start with discovering the oldtown directly by the river Rhein, where modern hospitals line the river shore and where not far away the famous Hohenzollern bridge crosses the river. The openminded people of Cologne love their city and their Dome. It's worth a visit.
Day 3 - Media Park – Studio Tours
MEDIA PARK: Cologne is a very modern and first-class location of the German Media culture; and a visit to the Media Park makes that very clear.
STUDIO TOURS: On a Studio Tour you can glimpse behind the scenes and with a bit of courage and maybe a little stage fright you can go in front of the camera in the studios.
- Day 4 - Rhein-boat trip – Chocolate museum – Olympia museum A boat trip on the Rhein offers sights and views of the magnificent panorama of Cologne. Other highlights of the city are the Chocolate Museum and the Olympic Museum.
- Day 5 - Departure One last stroll from the Roman tower to the modern buildings along the river shore. Everywhere you can find the funny souvenirs of the double tower of the Dome. Start of the journey home.
- Cologne Cathedral masterpiece of the Gothic area, UNESCO World Heritage more
- Museum Ludwig famous artworks of the 20th and the 21st century more
- Odysseum Köln World of Knowledge, experiments in the museum more
- Roman-Germania Museum archaeological legacy of Cologne more
- Belgian Quarter Cologne's trendy district - young and urban flair more
- German Sport and Olympia Museum the history of sport from the antiquity to the modern area more
- Chocolate museum Discover and taste cacao and chocolate more
- Town museum of Cologne intriguing time travel through the history of Cologne more
- Cologne cable car sightseeing from a bird's eye view more
- Cologne Zoo third oldest and most popular zoo in Germany more
- Media Park Cologne important media location, Cinedom Cologne more
- MMC Film & TV Studio Cologne on set of some of the most famous series and films of the MMC Studios more
- Boat trip on the river Rhein Cologne has an impressive sight from the river view
- Phantasialand theme park in Brühl with themed worlds and roller coaster more