The enchanting market town of Tonbridge along the picturesque River Medway is famous for its historical heritage and rural charm with urban amenities.
The town's landmark is Tonbridge Castle, a medieval castle dating back to the 11th century and converted from wood to stone in 1230 after the Battle of Hastings. The proximity to beautiful landscapes such as Bewl Water or Bedgebury Forest, as well as interesting excursion destinations such as Canterbury and Hever Castle, but above all the proximity to London, make Tonbridge the ideal place to stay for a school trip.
7 days / 4 overnight stays / 2 night trips / adaptations as desired
- Day 1 – Departure from home town Depending on where the journey starts, day or night journey - by coach to Tonbridge.
- Day 2 - Arrival in England - Calais - Dover Castele or Canterbury - Host Families If your journey starts from Germany, you take the ferry from Calais to Dover in the morning or at midday. Visit Dover Castle - the oldest castle in England - exciting journey through time from the Middle Ages to the secret underground passages and tunnel labyrinths from the Second World War. Another alternative is to visit Canterbury where we stroll through the town and a visit to the cathedral and the Canterbury Tales. Arrival at the destination in the early evening. The host families pick up their guests from the coach.
Day 3 - London exploration tour
Experience world-famous attractions such as Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Tower of London and Tower Bridge, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral, Shard and Gherkin up close with or without a city guide.
PROGRAMME OF YOUR CHOICE - with individual programme suggestions, recommended day tickets for the "Tube" and specially designed SENLAC city quizzes with city map.
- Day 4 - Hastings: Coast & Culture & History or Leeds Castle Immerse yourself in the British way of life on a trip to HASTINGS: try your hand at cricket, get to know the English tea culture in the "British Tea Museum" or have fun with a bingo and quiz afternoon. Or would you prefer history? Then visit the Smugglers' Caves, the True Crime Museum or the nearby town of Battle, where the Battle of 1066 took place. Instead of Hastings, you could also explore LEEDS CASTLE, the "most beautiful castle in the world" with gardens, labyrinth and fairytale grotto.
- Day 5 - Coast Day: Beachy Head - Brighton Hike to Beachy Head and the cliffs of the Seven Sisters - one of the most beautiful hiking routes in southern England. Enjoy Brighton, England's most popular seaside resort with its sandy beach, Palace Pier and Sea Life Centre. City tour with Royal Pavilion, shops in medieval lanes, cafés and fish & chip.
- Day 6 - Departure - Greenwich - London - Dover - Calais Farewell to the host families and drive to GREENWICH to explore the Maritime Museum and the observatory with the prime meridian. Boat trip on the Thames to London Westminster. Programme as desired or individual LONDON explorations. The visit to the musical in the evening is a highlight of the trip. Then drive to Dover and overnight ferry crossing to Calais.
- Day 6 - Arrival at home Overnight journey through France, the Netherlands and Belgium and arrival at home during the day.
- Tonbridge Castle landmark & historical heritage, authentic educational experience with workshops and guided tours especially for school groups more
- Hever Castle moated castle, travel back in time to the gardens of Henry VIII with foliage & water maze more
- Bewl Water beautiful landscapes, native wildlife and woodland adventures at the largest reservoir in the south-east of England more
- Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest hiking and enjoying nature, climbing fun on the Play Trail and a break in the visitor centre café by the lake more
- Scotney Castle medieval castle ruins with exhibitions in the manor house, Renaissance garden with tamed & wild nature more
- Canterbury cathedral City and seat of the Anglican Church more
- Leeds Castle one of the most visited: A moated castle in the middle of a lake more
- Hastings seaside resort with beautiful old town and Victorian seafront. Famous for the Battle of Hastings in 1066 more
- Dover Castle defence building & royal castle: historic rooms, weapon arsenals, royal chambers and... more
- Beachy Head the 8 largest chalk cliffs in England - imposing cliff landscape more
- Brighton England's largest and most beautiful seaside resort, famous for its Mediterranean flair, Royal Pavilion, historic pier more
- London day trip to the vibrant capital, fascinating with its dazzling diversity and breathtaking attractions more